Friday, July 1, 2011

Christmas in June

As a Bariatric Foodie, there is not a greater joy in my life than the delivery of a bushel of farm fresh veggies. Beyond the easy reason... good, healthy, organic foods... there is the chance to try new stuff.

Every other Thursday, Farmhouse Delivery (www.farmhousedelivery.com) drops of a box at my door. In addition to the normal "bushel," I have the opportunity to order additional produce, as well as local humanely raised meats and eggs, cheeses, and pantry staples.

If you are not a member of a CSA (community supported agriculture) I only can ask... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get thee to the interwebs and sign up today! Yes, it is a little more expensive than going down to the local mega-mart and shopping for mass farmed chemical laden veggies (but hey, even mass-farmed chemical laden veggies are better than pre-packaged carb loaded processed crap...wash your veggies!!!) But having the benefit of home delivery, and the knowledge of where you food comes from is invaluable to me. Jina and I get a half share (veggie delivery every two weeks) for $39 a delivery. Don't ask me to tell you how much I order in the "extras..."

Today, we got some wonderful veggies...

Fresh Watermelon



Home grown Tomatoes and New Potatoes



Mixed Peppers


Mixed Summer Squashes and Sorrel



Bibb Lettuce


Cucumbers

Fresh Mushrooms (Crimini and Shitake)


and Figs.


I also ordered a pair of pork chops and some baby back ribs!!!

Looking forward to next week in the kitchen.

And of course, I cannot leave you without PUPPY PICS!!!



1 comment:

  1. PUPPIES!!!!!!

    Kaitlin and I are joining Urban Acres to split a share starting in August? I think?

    ReplyDelete