Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Day of Mostly Up

So, I am still basking in the glow of the Regional Championship brought home by my Fightin' Texas Aggie Baseball Team yesterday with a 3-0 win over Arizona.

A nice thank you from the team at Starbucks and a welcome back. Been out of my morning Bux routine with travel and getting back in the groove at work.


Then work happens. Got some really good news this morning as I walked back with my daily egg white omlete from the cafeteria. Was stopped by one of the managers and she informed be that good things were really right around the corner. More to be posted on that later. But at the same time, HR was holding things up with a question about my time in role. Oh well, it will get resolved. Stay tuned.

1:45 hits... and it's off to visit a couple of doctors. First stop is Austin Gastroenterology. Thanks to Jina for getting me in to see the doctor in only 1 day. Not really easy to do with a large practice like that. Nice nurse, PA, and a good doc. Taking a wait and see attitude to my little issue. But, we might still have to place a camera in a very unpleasant place in a couple of weeks.


Last stop of the day is the optometrist. Thanks to Kim Slaughter for working so hard to help me find the right pair of contacts. We still don't have a final answer, but its getting closer. Yes, my eyes are that fucked up. But I already knew that. Trying a pair of soft lenses now. might go to a SynergEyes or Gas Perm lense though.



After all that, it was going to be after 6PM when I got home. Cook that late? No thanks. Off to Rio Grande in Pflugerville for a little Carne Asada. Sorry, no pics again tonight.


But what is the most important news of the day? Drum roll please... You can now follow me on Twitter at @TokenFoodie! Come find me and follow.


Speed work tomorrow morning at 6AM. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment