Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just a simple salad

Sometimes, a simple salad warms the heart. I wasn't sure what to do for dinner tonight, and didn't want to labor in the kitchen for hours. So I decided on salad. But you know me, it couldn't be just any salad.

Fortunately, I got a recipe in the ole email today from Austin Farmhouse Delivery. Arugala with Grilled Peaches and Fresh Mozzarella. Of course, I can't leave a recipe alone. So I decided to add a little seared Ahi. Doesn't Ahi make everything better (just like ranch and guacamole.)



http://farmhousetable.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/grilled-peach-salad-with-buffalo-mozzarella-and-arugula/

I broke out the blender because I am lazy and didn't feel like whisking my arm off. Load it up with 4T White Balsamic Vinegar, 2 t honey, 2 t dijon, 2 t chives... put the lid on, and hit the button. OH CRAP. Vinegar goes everywhere. What is going on? Grab a bowl... dump out what's left. Check the base. Damn it. The washer isn't seated. No wonder I got a leak. Reset the base. Make a second run at the dressing. Success. No leaks. Add a little EVOO (God... did I really just type that?) Got my dressing.


Found some nice large organic peaches at the store today, but I don't have a grill... or a even a grill pan. And I threw out the Foreman when I moved in November. Guess I am gonna just have to put em down on a griddle... Brush them with olive oil and salt... down they go.





While they are cooking, coat the tuna in salt and pepper. Put the arugala in a bowl, add the slivered onions, dress. Chop up the mozzarella.


The peaches are done, pull them off. Wipe off the pan, reheat, down goes the tuna. 45 seconds a side. PERFECT.


Slice up the peaches and tuna, add to the salad. Drizzle a little dressing over the peaches, cheese and tuna.

VIOLA.


5 comments:

  1. OMG amazing! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nom nom nom.
    ok we have to plan annother get together that includes Dinner A la Token

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom nom nom. Want. I love me some ahi tuna but don't really trust it on the east coast since it has to travel so far. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can haz?

    I had to laugh at your blender issue. Our first support group meeting had a blender malfunction and we leaked Click all over the table.

    ReplyDelete