Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friends for Dinner

No, I don't mean I ate friends for dinner. I mean we hosted friends for a little dinner.

One of the things I like most of all is hosting friends for dinner. I get to showcase a little of my cooking abilities, and we get to have a nice dinner together.

Tonight, Jina and I had our wonderful friend Tiffany Pressly and her boyfriend Mike over for dinner. I decided to do a nice Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Sauce and Saffron Risotto.

A quick little trip to the HEB and the necessaries were collected. I realized my box from Farmhouse Delivery (www.farmhousedelivery.com) was coming in today, but I completely forgot what was in it... guess I got some good surprises.

Got home and collected my box from the front porch.

Picked up some new potatoes. fresh squash, corn, fresh Fredericksburg Peaches, cherry tomatoes and 1015 Onions.


A few farm fresh eggs.


Raw milk Feta.


Crimini and Shitake mushrooms, shallots, local blueberries, bunch basil, key limes and more squash.


Finally, carrots, beets, sugar peas, and okra.


Time to cook some dinner. Break out the risotto.



Fresh Mahi-Mahi with salt, pepper, EVOO.


Add a few pantry staples...


And.. voila!



A toast to great friends...


A very nice little dinner...



Finish off with what is quickly becoming a favorite dessert... fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries) and fresh whip cream. This time, added some of those lovely Fredericksburg peaches. Lovely.


Thaanks again to Jina for helping me cook and clean tonight.

So glad to have Tiffany and Mike over... look forward to it again soon...

1 comment: