Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To Run or Not Run?

So, today is National Running Day. I am a runner. Did I run? Hell no.


I decided it was a good day to ride in to work. 6:30AM, break out the Felt. Hit the asphalt. Its only 5 miles to work. Flat. Quick ride. No issues.

Then I realize, as I am showering at the gym at work... CRAP... I have to ride home too. Its gonna be ninety five freaking degrees. Guess I better suck it up and get it done.

The ride home wasn't too bad. A little breezier than this morning... well, a lot breezier. But manageable. Only caught a couple of lights. The dreaded heat wasn't that bad. Glad I did it.

What else did I learn today? That Power Bar Protein Plus Dulce de Leche has a ton of protein. 30 grams per bar. A great add on to the diet, right? WRONG. Immediate gut bomb. Wish it wasn't, as the bar tasted great. But my surgically altered freakish guts did not like it at all. Guess I won't be buying those any more.


Decided on an easy dinner tonight. Don't want to cook that much. Grab a pound of our Medina County Venison pan sausage. Saute up some carrots and red onions. Brown off the sausage, mix in with the veggies. Throw in a little Austin's Own BBQ sauce and Parmesean cheese. Stuff it in some fresh green bell peppers. 400 degrees, 45 minutes... VOILA! Stuffed bell peppers.





What for desert? How about some fresh organic berries and light whipped cream? Yeah, sounds good.



Oh well, off to watch a little Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives... then bed. Speed work tomorrow morning.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Um. Your dinner looks amazing. As usual. Gimme.

    ReplyDelete